Zhome One – eco-home is constructed out of four 20 foot shipping containers creating a surface of 60 m2 / 646 sq.ft. This eco-home qualifies as a Tiny Villa. Not only for it is creatively and resourceful designed to maximize space and light. Its space can easily accommodate a household of 3 persons and accommodate the occassional sleepover. The Zhome One like its name is shaped in a vertical “Z”.
- Ground floor: entrance into the kitchen that runs into the living room. It has a separate toilet and a bathroom. The dual living/kitchen area can be equipped with a murphy bed (pull down bed system) for occasional sleepovers.
- First floor: two bedrooms each with access to the balcony. The master bedroom can split into two creating an extra room if wished.
- When choosing the Hip-roof (see image example) or Gable-roof options then this will create an attic for extra storage space.
The Zhome One can be designed as Off-Grid meaning supplying your own electricity and hot water via a solar system, recycling “grey” water to reduce your utility bills and a lot more!
The kitchen excludes appliances such as a stove (hub), oven, microwave, refrigerator, exhaust, dishwasher. The kitchen includes kitchen cabinets combined for built-in appliances, a sink and faucet, including connections for (1) a gas stove or (2) an (3) electric stove and or (4) a dishwasher.
Per 20ft Shipping Container Measurements – Length x Width x Height
- Metric: 6.06m x 2.44m x 2.89m
- Feet: 20ft x 8ft x 9ft6”
- Metric: 5.87m x 2.28m x 2.60m
- Feet: 19ft x 7ft6” x 8ft6”
Unit specs and price included
This price excludes the monthly service cost.
- 4 x 20ft High Cube shipping containers (height x length x width)
- Total surface 60 m2 | 646 sq.ft
- 2 Bedrooms; possible to create a 3rd room
- Dual Living room combined with kitchen
- Foundation pillars and anchor locking system
- Insulated base floor
- Interior walls and ceiling insulated and finished with shiplap wood cladding
- Exterior no cladded walls (industrial look) treated with final coating – www.ClimateCoating.com:
- RAL 9010 white
- Other RAL Colours is extra charge!
- Windows and doors
- Electrical works; 3 phase fusebox, wall outlets, switches, recessed lights, ventilation/exhaust fan system and preparations for light fixtures
- Preparation for water supply and drainage infrastructure
- Preparation for sewage system
- Tiled shower and armatures
- Separated and tiled restroom with washbasin and armatures
- Kitchen with back splash
- Smoke alarms
- Flat roof with water drainage
- Including hooking up / connention to green community’s location facilities:
- Waste Water Management System
- Waste Management System
- Water supply
- Electricity supply
- Permaculture gardens
Logistic costs (shipping and on location crane use) are not included in the price.
Mentioned base price is based on the Grid-tied system. For the Hybrid or Off-grid system additional costs are applied for installing:
- Solar system including power wall for electricity storage
- MagLev windturbine
Exterior cladding options – The customer chooses the exterior look of the Eco Home. The options are:
- No cladding – leave industrial look with final coating in other RAL Colours
- Wood cladding
- Composite cladding
Other facilities at additional costs can be chosen to furnish your Eco Home’s location:
- Kitchen – and other appliances can be ordered separately through our online Eco Home Shop
- This home can be dressed up with a steel framed or wooden pergola, a carport and other exterior accessories
- Roof skylights
- Ceiling fans
- Airconditioning with inverter system
- Solar boiler
- Biogas system
- Own Waste management
- Own Waste Water management
- Own landscaped permaculture garden – for home grown veggies & herbs
When sold other choice of roof type may apply. Our roof type options are:
- Flat roof – price included!
- Flat Green roof
- Hip roof
- Gable roof