Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Info on Green Community Living
and Sign-up Form

Carib Housing stands for flexibility. We provide options to help make your eco home experience the best choice ever made to live sustainably and self-sufficiently. The eco homes at our Green Community sites have the option to be constructed to function on a:

  1. Grid-tied system: completely dependable on the utility company services.
  2. Hybrid system: be able to produce own energy but still dependable on the utility company services.
  3. Off-grid system: be completely dependable on own energy sources.

Eco homes based on the Hybrid or Off-grid system have the option to be furnished with renewable energy sources which are a windturbine combined with solar panels with a power wall battery for electricity storage, warm water boiler, biogas system, own waste water management system* and own waste management system* which is connected to the surrounded landscaped food garden.
[* It is a standard procedure for a new eco home to be hooked up to the generic community waste water management system and waste managemetn system of that Green Community. But we consider the customer’s wish to have an own system installed directly connected to the new eco-home.]

Carib Housing Service Maintenance Program: Issues regarding roof, foundation, exterior plumbing, exterior electrical works and landscaping regarding your Tiny House will be maintained on an interval until the home is moved from the Green Community location.

Service fee: For new homeowners who purchased an eco-home from us and want a spot at one of our Green Community locations the Service fee is then applied. This mandatory fee is to make use of the properties facilities includes:

  • Spot allocation: Once the eco-home is allocated to its definite spot a stall fee is calculated based on the size of the eco-home.
  • Subscription to the Carib Housing Service Maintenance Program: This fee is for maintaining all facilities and services such as the waste-management system, waste-water management system, exterior eco-home maintenance, and garden service.

The Service fee is indexed at US$ 18.61 / ANG 33,50 per square meter; US$ 1.73 / ANG 3,11 per square feet of the eco-home of choice. The service fee is payable per month and it’s yearly indexed based on economic developments. For those who rent an eco-home at one of the Green Community locations, the Service fee is incorporated into the rental price.

Logistic costs: Shipping and on location crane use are not included in the selling price. These costs will be quoted upon once an eco home is purchased.

Payment: All eco homes for residential use are for purchase. For this we have two payment options:
1. Phased payment plan
You purchase the eco home of your choice which will be constructed by HoomStreet and installed accordingly at the desired Green Community location. A 50% down payment is required, 40% before shipping/relocation, 10% upon delivery of the eco home.

2. Hire purchase
Hire-purchase – the home is hired with intention to purchase. This option is a form of investment for the hirer who makes relatively more profit with an investment property than would be the case when renting a home. The hire-purchase option enables you to buy a house that you are already renting, so that it really becomes your property. We offer this option so that you can eventually buy your dream home which the bank would not provide full mortgage-financing for. With hire-purchase you become the owner of the house immediately after the last instalment is paid.

This plan has two options and is only applicable to those located in St. Maarten and in Aruba. The hire-purchase options are:

  1. Fast Plan – this option includes a stall fee based on the occupied surface m2/ sq.ft, and a 60% down payment while the rest 40% is paid in instalments. For administration costs a 0.5% is applied until the last instalment is paid in full.  
  2. Gradual Plan – this option includes a stall fee based on the occupied surface m2/ sq.ft, and a 30% down payment while the rest 70% is paid in instalments. For administration costs a 0.5% is applied until the last instalment is paid in full.   

More info can be retrieved at the Terms and Conditions.

Location period contract term: The eco home location contract is valid for 7 years. Option for renewal is taken into consideration but depends on the waitlist with other potential Green Community inhabitants. Option for renewal also depends on your behavioural history and community track record.

Selling eco home to 3rd party: Once the eco home is paid in full you are free to sell the eco home to a 3rd party. It’s yours to sell. However the eco home temporary contract location is not for sale(!) If the sale takes place before or after the 7 years contract is finished then you are obligated to move the eco home from Carib Housings Green Community location.

Selling eco home back to Carib Housing: It is possible that you find yourself in a situation with a result that you have to sell your eco home. After a taxation procedure and based on mutual agreement Carib Housing is willing to buy back the eco home.

Selection procedure: Because of the limited spots we have put a selection procedure in place. Candidates who want to live at one of the Green Communities will undergo this selection procedure. Selection starts with filling out beneath form. Based on the filled out form you will be contacted either to schedule an appointment to continue your candidacy, or to be declined.

For more info have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page. Wishing you much success and who knows we could welcome you to our Green Community in Aruba or Sint Maarten.